Cooking with kids can be an absolute blast! The trick is to pick SIMPLE recipes that involve lots of opportunities for hands-on engagement. Flourless Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars are an all-time favorite simple dessert in our household. Detoxinista hits the nail on the head with the following recipe. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
Serves: 16 Scale
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter Or any nut butter
- 1⁄3 cup honey Or maple syrup
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (*if using unsalted peanut butter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8″ square pan with butter or coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, honey, egg, salt and baking soda until well combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan, and use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is a light golden brown. (it only took 20 minutes in my oven)
- Let cool, then cut into squares and serve!