This delicious meal is super versatile and easily adapted to meet a variety of dietary needs depending on the type of vegetables, protein and rice used. Enjoy!
This recipe can easily be adapted to accommodate a variety of diets (GAPS, Paleo, vegetarian, Whole 30 etc.) <br> <br>
Course: Main Course
- 1 TBSP Sesame seed oil
- 1 TBSP Nut Butter of choice
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated or Dorot frozen cubes
- 1 tsp minced garlic or 1 cube Dorot frozen garlic
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Soy sauce/Bragg liquid aminos or coconut aminoes Use coconut aminos if gluten free
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 tsp Esther’s Gourmet salt or 1 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 onion chopped
- 1 lb Protein of Choice (chicken, beef, Tofu, Tempeh) Cut into bite sized chunks
- 2-4 cups mixed veggies Use frozen stir fry veggies or mix/match whatever you have on hand
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 16 oz Rice of choice (white, brown rice or riced cauliflower
- In freezer bag (or blender) combine oil, nut butter, ginger, honey, ACV, Soy Sauce/Coconut Aminos & spices.
- Cut protein of choice into 1″ cubes
- Combine all ingredients in freezer bag.
- To Cook:
- Leave frozen stir fry MEAT bag (vegetable bag can stay frozen) in refrigerator for the day to thaw. To speed up the process, place frozen meat bag in a bowl of cold water. Meal does not have to be completely thawed before cooking.
- Heat oil (we suggest sesame seed oil, if you have it) in large skillet or medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Add thawed meat & sauce mixture to the pan and cook for approx. 5-10 minutes, until meat is cooked to your liking. (FYI: It’s best to undercook grass fed beef a bit.)
- Add frozen vegetable bag along with 1/4 cup of water. Allow all ingredients to simmer for approx. 5 minutes over low-med heat.
- Once vegetable/meat mixture is thoroughly heated (take care not to overcook the vegetables), add extra sauce and allow to simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve meal over rice of choice (white, brown or riced cauliflower). Increase the amount of rice used to stretch this dish!